Wednesday, January 1, 2020

NEW YEAR NEW POST

Happy New Year, etc...

Within the past few days I completed a small project that's been on my mind for a little bit, so here we have two trench boxes that I cobbled together from some scrap styrene sheet (.060"?) and rod. 




I should have taken more in-progress photos, but they're relatively simple to figure out. I gathered some dimensions from a company that sells these out in the "real world". They were finished with some chains and lifting lugs from that leftover 18awg wire, then weathered with a combination of acrylic paint and weathering powders mixed up with very dilute Mod Podge. 
The weathering technique was very similar to how I modeled some steel ingots last year. For that project, I simply used some flat clear acrylic and weathering powders and brushed it on. Athearn provided the parts from some of my old Blue Box projects...


No comments:

Post a Comment