Monday, November 23, 2020


 Quick update

The second CMR barge is taking shape and as the photo shows, I'm making the full 110' length model. All parts were cut from their sprues, sanded, and laid out on the bench for a test run. The exterior braces are not shown (68 total), as well as the four interior lateral bases. They can be seen in last week's update, should anyone be interested.

Dry run

And of course, I ran out of solvent before she was done. I was using SciGrip 4, but rather than filling up the needle-tipped bottle, I switched application methods and used a small brush which allowed more control over the amount I was using. I placed an order for SciGrip 3 (which reaches 80% strength in 24 hours instead of 72 hours), plus a medium-bodied tube of solvent for comparison. Assembly will continue as soon as they arrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment